Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

8.15.2008

the big day!

Tomorrow is the big day! I cannot believe it actually is almost here as I am sitting with my hair in curls pinned up so I will have less to do in the morning... All my dreams are coming true! So Jason took his anatomy final on wednesday and got an 86%!!!! Good Job Sweetheart!!!! I am so proud of him he is sooooo smart! Then we flew back home to begin getting ready.. wednesday was practically over.. then thursday got here.. i woke up so early not used to sharing a smaller bed with my sister..Then a few peoples hair... and off to our dancing lessons! My mom, dad, Jason and I all had an hour long dance lesson with my parents dance instructors :) it was a lot of fun and we were able to get our song dances down quite well.. After we had to go get our nails done..with ethan! that cutest little nephew of mine! After nails.. it got crazier.. tables, chairs, linens, everything began arriving and I had a lot more to do.. off to a makeup trial.. I can't wait for my wonderful makeup artist Jenn to work her magic! Now was zach's haircut... then off to run some errands and wrap some bridesmaid gifts.. the day was becoming a BLUR! Finally... we met with DJ Tom and got our music situated and then we got to eat.. the whole family was able to go out to a very favorite of mine.. after taqueria of course.. which by the way is closed for remodeling... TAYLors Refresher!! mmmMmmMM... after dinner... had to shower and get the hair started and now here i am about to go to sleep never been more excited for anything not even comparable to christmas... and i don't know how to react.. its all too sureal.. it doesn't feel like is actully happening tomorrow.. or now today... but i cannot wait.. i will marry my best friend for time and all eternity.. i love jason to infinity and i could not imagine life without him. he has taught me patience, a deep love for the gospel, an amazing desire to have a beautiful family with him, taught me that i have everything i could ever want in my life and nothing else in life matters as long as i have him by myside. he is my prince and i know he will make an incredible father and husband.. the best a girl could ask for. i have been so blessed by my father in heaven, i know when you do what is right immediate blessings follow and i truly believe Jason was sent to be in my life by God and he has changed my life. Bring on the tears..already! ahhh even though a girl gets stressed on the day before her wedding... i know that tomorrow will be the best day of my life.... ever... so far!!!!!!!! I LOVE JASON MITCHELL PICKETT.. and tomorrow i will be Devyn Diane Pickett.. or Mrs. Jason Pickett... :) i love life. and my absolutely GORGEous, RIGhteous new husband..

2 comments:

Anna said...

YAY for eternal campanions and families!! Your big day was so so so gorgeous! you were gorgeous and the receptions was gorgeous! I am so gald I got to be there and see you make the biggest and best step you will take in this life! Love you so much girl and I am so proud of you for doing all you did to get here!

Amanda and Levin Gunter said...

you are so cute and with your wedding countdown. I hope today goes really well! Being married is the best. We are so happy for you! Are you guys gonna be in Napa in Dec? I hope we get to see you guys!