Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

9.04.2009

Life is precious.

At any second, your life here on earth can be over.. i had a moment today where my life flashed before my eyes and next thing i know we were getting out of the sunroof of my car all in one piece. Let me first say i absolutely LOVE volvo's. they truly are the safest car- not a scratch on us, not a single broken piece of glass, and our seatbelts kept us right in our seats. I wonder why this incident happened today, out of nowhere- but i think i can make it more positive and take a lot away from it. Here's the story: this labor day weekend was the perfect time for us to take a little road trip down to arizona to visit britti, rich, ryann, and cara. We left about 12 today and about 150 miles into our sunny trip, it began to downpour- so hard- jason was turning on the windsheild wipers as high as they could go- next thing we know it looks as if the freeway is flooded, then we began to hydroplane. The car spun 180 degrees before the rear smashed into the barrier once we hit the barrier the driver side tires jumped on the barrier and we proceeded to grind the barrier for about 200 feet when it popped up and we landed on the passenger side. i opened the sunroof, unbuckled, grabbed my phone and called 911. I have never been in an accident like that, and this was jason's first accident. We are so lucky no other cars were involved, we were wearing our seatbelts, we landed in the shoulder of the road, and no one got hurt. My car, probably totalled, jason's laptop, bent and BROKen. But at that moment absolutely nothing else mattered- i was so thankful both jason and i were alive. I am disappointed we were unable to continue to Arizona(COME VISIT ME :)) but very lucky we had zach to come pick us up and bring us home. It sure has had me thinking, why did this happen to us? are we doing everything we are supposed to be doing? i just think it was my Heavenly Father's way of reminding me how precious life is, we need to treat everyday like it could be our last, and that he loves me, he is there for us and we need to always remember him and turn to him, and that no material things even really do matter. We get caught up in the worldly things far too often. I am thankful for my life,my husband, all our family and most of all my heavenly father and the love he has for us.

4 comments:

Mama Blogger said...

Devyn, I am so glad you and Jason are alright. I have been in an accident like this and it is possibly the scariest feeling in the world. The fact that no one was injured is a amazing.

Craig, Kimi, Eli, and Owen said...

Oh Devyn, I'm so sorry to hear about the accident, but was glad to hear that both of you are well without a scar to prove it!

Brittani said...

sooo sad and icky!!

Angela and Keith said...

That is sooo scary. I'm glad you guys are okay. :D