Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

6.17.2012

Tahoe relay

Last Saturday June 9 seven of us ran in a relay around lake Tahoe. It was a beautiful day to run. We arrived Friday evening and got to the cabin then began the carb loading for the next days race.. (I think I'm still in carb loading mode!!) race started at 7am Erin did the first leg. 9.6 miles at a 9:20 pace!! Then Ron went next.. 8.6 miles of the biggest hills ever!!! Then it was my leg of the race.. 10.3 miles mostly downhill (yes I picked first and everyone was more than willing to give me the 'easiest' leg) fourth up was Zach! He smoked past 15 runners doing 12.1 miles at a 8 mile per hour pace and then nick ran his 10.5 miles. And passed like 11 people! And then I think the hardest leg Emily had with 10.5 miles of steady climbing.. She did fabulous tho! And quoted when she finished that that was the hardest run she has ever done even -harder than any of her 4 marathons!! Jason was the last runner and ran 10.5 miles to the finish line and we finished at 6:30 pm it was a fun day! Dad rode his bike with a backpack for water Gatorade and Gu following the runners and every couple miles ZWAG mobile was there cheering and with more water!!! Thank you mom for driving the whole entire day and cheering us all on!! And thank you thank you Erin for running like 5 miles with me it really kept me going and thanks Emily and nick for driving out from Utah to run with us!!!!!! It was such a fun weekend and a huge accomplishment for myself. Now I'm signing up for a hAlf marathon in sept!!

5 comments:

Brittani said...

what fun pictures! HOw do you make collages?

megan and sam said...

Wow! Way to go. That is a huge accomplishment!!

Erin and Zach said...

So glad I went. Such an accomplishment. I am still so proud of you!! XO

Lacey said...

That sounds like so much fun, I love running and Tahoe! You should def sign up for a half marathon! They are so much fun and I know you could do it :)

Hillary said...

Way to go! Races are so fun! :) You guys look so happy and so fit. Awesome :)