Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

11.06.2012

Thankful day 6

Thankful day 6.

Today I am thankful for modern medicine. If you read my blog regularly you know that I had PPD. It wasn't so severe but enough to make daily life a struggle. It was enough to know I was not myself. I did not enjoy motherhood. Luckily I was able to start some medication that made my life 
S O M U C H B E T T E R. 
and i am not afraid to admit it. There is only so much we can control. Sometimes we cannot control the chemicals in our brain, or our postpartum hormones. About a month ago I weaned off my medication. I was terrified. I was worried i would need my medication forever. but here I am a month later, i still LOVE motherhood, i still am feeling great (maybe it's too soon to tell... ill let you know ;) and yes i have my bad days and snap at my husband and cry (which on my medication i didn't cry much, didn't snap much and was SO much more patient.... maybe i do need it haha) besides that modern medicine.. i am thankful for epidurals. 

No comments: