Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

9.29.2012

dinner to die for.

I don't know about you, but I love my fried food...and my chik-fil-a. so i decided to try out a pinterest recipe of the Chik-Fil-A nuggets and sauce. i don't usually post recipes but this is my favorite one i've made in a long time! and A couple of girls around here have been making it too lately and one of my friends has this delicious cooking blog (she's quite the cook!) so I found her recipe too: HERE  and combined THIS one for the sauce.  YUM. seriously it was so good! i pulled out my deep fryer and these puppies turned out perfect.


SAUCE: 
1/2 cup mayo
2 tbsp. mustard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp. vinegar
2 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. BBQ sauce
 (I doubled the recipe since we were having friends over)

NUGGETS:
2 large chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup dill pickle juice
1 egg
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon malted milk powder
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
(once again i double this recipe)

*Let chicken marinate in combined milk, pickle juice, and egg for a couple hours (don't worry it will NOT taste like pickles- my hubs hates pickles and he couldn't even tell- it helps keep the moisture!) 

*mix all dry ingredients in a big plastic bag (i didn't use malted milk powder, and i used one kind of flour) add chicken and shake it up!

*I used my deep fryer and popped them in for 3-5 min and they were done. you could easily do it on the stove too though!
 version found here: mmm...cafe

oh and this feed 4 adults with a bunch of leftovers (on a doubled recipe!)



No comments: